- The admission process is highly transparent and made in consonance with the State Government Policy. The students are selected for admission through the following procedures:
- By advertising in leading newspapers, college website and local cable TVs
- By participating in educational job fairs
- By displaying advertisements regarding the courses offered in the catchment areas
- By placing advertising hoardings to attract public attention at vantage points
- Counseling the +2 students of nearby schools about the scope of the subjects and encouraging them to join higher education
- Distributing pamphlets containing the profile of the college and fee structure to the +2 students and the public
- The selected list is exhibited on the notice board on the basis of the merit and the Government Rules
- By following the proceedings of the Director of Collegiate Education, Chennai
- By strictly following the Government Reservation Policy
Separate Application should be made from each course. Admission is subject to verification of the Original Mark Sheets issued by the Director of Government Examinations, Tamilnadu. .If Mark Sheet is found to be bogus, admission will be cancelled and criminal action will be initiated. Usual norms for reservation as prescribed by the Government of Tamilnadu will be followed foradmission.
PG & Research Programme
For PG Course, the candidates appearing for the final semester degree examination in April/May, 2017 may also apply with their first five semester statements of marks. An entrance test will be conducted on the college campus and shortlisted students will be interviewed for the final selection.
All candidates who are admitted provisionally in the postgraduate courses on the basis of their marks in the first five semesters in the undergraduate courses should submit the results of their sixth semester examination within 7 days from the date of publication of the results. If any candidate who has been admitted provisionally fails subsequently in the sixth semester examination, he/she will have to forfeit the seat as well as the fee paid by him/her.
For admission to M.Phil. Courses student who have appeared for the Final Examinations of PG Course can apply. In that case, Provisional admission will be made on the basis of their marks scored in the first three semesters of the PG Courses. An entrance test will be conducted on the College Campus and Shortlisted students will be interviewed for final selection. If any candidate, provisionally admitted on the basis of his/her marks in the first three semesters fails subsequently in the fourth semester examination, he/she will have to forfeit his/her seat as well as the fee paid by him/her.
Certificate and Diploma Course: (Duration – One Year)
The Following Certificate and Diploma Courses are also conducted to enhance the employability of the students:
- Certificate Course in Matches & Fireworks
- Certificate Course for Industrial & Safety Management
- Certificate Course in Advertising, Sales Promotion and Sales Management
- Certificate Course in Gandhian Thought
- Certificate Course in Hotel Management & Catering Science
- Diploma in Gandhian Thought
- Diploma in Catering Operations