The college firmly believes in the maxim- “Sound mind in the Sound body”. The health club of the college regularly arranges the health awareness programmes for the students on Healthy Food habits and Personal and Communal hygiene.
- 1. To create awareness among the students about health.
- 2. To enrich the students about useful impacts of yoga.
- 3. Develop a sufficient background for those students who wish to study the world of microbes and its benefits and pathology.
- 4. Motivate the students familiar with microbial flora of the human body.
- 5. Study the classification, structure, function of microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses notably.
- 6. Impart knowledge to the students on microbial associated diseases.
- 7. Explore the mechanisms of spreading of diseases and its prevention methods.
- 8. Explain the concept of host-pathogen interactions.
- 9. Have a basic knowledge on vaccination- live and heat killed vaccines.
- 10. Improve the acquaintance on poor and good sanitation, contaminated foods, hygienic methods and preventive measures.
- 1. Promotes knowledge on Mutualistic, Commensalistic and Opportunistic relationship of bacteria and humans.
- 2. It clarifies the misconceptions, concept and doubts about the knowledge on microbial world and its importance.
- 3. Motivates the students to do yoga and brings health consciousness and provides opportunity to take it as career.
- 4. Creates awareness of skin, food-borne, air-borne, water-borne, sexually transmitted diseases such as cholera, tuberculosis (TB), AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis caused by different microorganisms.
- 5. Endow with information on first line treatment methods to arrest the spreading of infection and curing of diseases.
- 6. It helps the students in knowing good and poor sanitation, habits and safety measures.
- 7. The overall knowledge obtained will be spread to circle of family, friends and to generation after generation.
Dr.A.Sarvalingam – Asst. Prof., Dept. of Botany