The college firmly believes in the maxim- “Sound mind in the Sound body”. The health club of the college regularly arranges the health awareness programmes for the students on Healthy Food habits and Personal and Communal hygiene.
- To create awareness among the students about health.
- To enrich the students about useful impacts of yoga.
- Develop a sufficient background for those students who wish to study the world of microbes and its benefits and pathology.
- Motivate the students familiar with microbial flora of the human body.
- Study the classification, structure, function of microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses notably.
- Impart knowledge to the students on microbial associated diseases.
- Explore the mechanisms of spreading of diseases and its prevention methods.
- Explain the concept of host-pathogen interactions.
- Have a basic knowledge on vaccination- live and heat killed vaccines.
- Improve the acquaintance on poor and good sanitation, contaminated foods, hygienic methods and preventive measures.
- Promotes knowledge on Mutualistic, Commensalistic and Opportunistic relationship of bacteria and humans.
- It clarifies the misconceptions, concept and doubts about the knowledge on microbial world and its importance.
- Motivates the students to do yoga and brings health consciousness and provides opportunity to take it as career.
- Creates awareness of skin, food-borne, air-borne, water-borne, sexually transmitted diseases such as cholera, tuberculosis (TB), AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis caused by different microorganisms.
- Endow with information on first line treatment methods to arrest the spreading of infection and curing of diseases.
- It helps the students in knowing good and poor sanitation, habits and safety measures.
- The overall knowledge obtained will be spread to circle of family, friends and to generation after generation.
Dr.A.Sarvalingam – Asst. Prof., Dept. of Botany
ACADEMIC YEAR – 2017-2018 (ODD)
|S.No||Date||Name of the activities||Chief Guest||Number of participants|
|1||10.02.2017||Yoga to improve our health”||Mr.K.A.S.O.Marimuthu, Lecturer in Hindi||75|