- Educate youth with correct, concise and adequate information and heighten their level of awareness about HIV AIDS, STI and other related issues (thus eliminate myths and misconceptions).
- Enable youth to identify and understand situations of exploitation and abuse.
- Create and train among the youth a cadre of peer educators for spreading awareness about HIV-AIDS and its prevention in the community.
- To aware and counsel the students regarding their health in terms various deceases.
- Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in schools and colleges through which, students will spread awareness over HIV / AIDS.
- Red Ribbon Club (RRC) aims at harnessing the potential of the youth by equipping them with correct information on mental health substance abuse nutrition and reproductive health and building their capacities as peer educators in spreading messages on the positive health behaviour in an enabling environment.
- It educates youth and other members in the wider community on sexuality and HIV/AIDS, development of life skills for students involved, and instilling a spirit of compassion towards people living with HIV/AIDS in our country.
- Red Ribbon clubs are envisaged to instill among all the students in the educational institutions values of service, develop healthy life styles, and increase access to safe and adequate quantities of blood to all the needy by promotion of Regular voluntary blood donation.
|Dr.M.Sujatha||Head and Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology|